Lead Machine Learning Engineer – NLP
AI Lead Engineer – NLP/Machine Learning
We live in a world where most information is readily available at our fingertips. You might be surprised to learn that the situation in hospitals is rather different. The systems used for electronic healthcare records (EHR) facilitate the clinical workflow, retrieving and storing information for each patient. There is, however, a large need for secondary usage of this data. Think of linking patients to clinical trials, medical research studies, and care quality assessment. For this purpose, CTcue has developed a search engine that enables medical professionals to find patient cohorts and collect data. In all that we do, we have the doctors and patients at the fore of our mind, and we also make sure to strictly adhere to privacy regulations. CTcue is currently used daily by 30+ hospitals in The Netherlands and in Belgium.
As our AI Lead Engineer, you will mentor your fellow NLP/ML colleague engineers, define the roadmap together with colleagues driven by the business requirements as well as being hands-on yourself. In this unique role you shape the AI team and will take on exciting projects in the healthcare domain such as federated learning, NER/NEL, new language models and continuous learning in complex datasets. Using your expertise and problem-solving skills, you can identify potential challenges, convey blockers and implement requirements that are needed to bring our products to the next level.
- You have significant experience in AI.
- You have the software engineering skills to implement and integrate AI components in our infrastructure.
- You have knowledge of and a love for NLP tasks such as classification and tagging.
- You understand and can implement a wide range of models/techniques for supervised and unsupervised settings. You have (at least theoretical) experience with deep learning.
- You can describe and speak in an approachable way about complex analyses and concepts within a cross-functional team. You are a great “analytic translator”.
- Good understanding of ML and AI concepts. Hands-on experience in production-grade deployments.
- You have experience in planning in a machine learning context. I.e., in planning when next steps depend on for example experimental outcomes.
- You have experience in guarding the holistic view of a machine learning pipeline within a bigger system. In this case that would be that the pipeline results form an integral part of search in our application, and make things run smoothly with our data warehouse. In this position it would be your responsibility to make sure AI developments are made in such a way that it aids search.
- Experience with planning, defining the roadmap based on business requirements
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- The ability to read, understand, and explain to others, scientific papers on state-of-the-art machine learning and computer science, as well as the ability to prototype, evaluate and improve the ideas described
- Experience productionizing and maintaining NLP/ML-based automated solutions.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Strong experience in Python coding, used both for ML and NLP tasks. Further programming languages are a plus (e.g., R, Go, Rust, Java)
What will you do?
- Enabling and growing the AI team to support an existing product and working on bleeding edge technologies for AI in healthcare.
- Contribute to the codebase as well as leading the team, you will be the primary point of contact for close collaboration with other development teams.
- Internationalisation – Developing our NLP components and prepare them to support a plethora of languages
- Team planning, defining and prioritizing tickets
- Define and setup a ML experiment modelling environment
- Research and apply new NLP / ML methodologies
- Guide the team from inception of concepts to production-ready solutions
- Serve as a mentor and guide junior team members tasks.
- Sink your teeth in exciting novel concepts such as Federated learning
CTcue is a scale-up, which means there is a lot of room to make your own mark and propose and work out creative solutions. The direction and view are largely determined. There is a clear vision on what we are as a team. The initial versions of the product have passed and now there is an established market for our product. The atmosphere has a start-up feel with great team spirit based on collaboration and chasing a goal together. There is little hierarchy, making everyone in the company approachable.
Those who join us become part of a recognized global leader still willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. In this business unit, you will have access to the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, the best analytics tools and, in our opinion, some of the finest minds in the Healthcare industry.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Please submit your application through the IQVIA job portal.